Available to ship 7/23/13
The 1930s were golden years for popular music for, as the Roaring Twenties made way for the Tranquil Thirties, the dance bands began to change from either being brash or over sentimental to smooth, sophisticated and swinging orchestras. This selection of 'standards' concentrates on the songs and ballads that characterize the wealth of lovely material that was popular during those years.
1. I have eyes Bing Crosby
2. Zing! Went the strings of my heart Judy Garland
3. I'm on a see-saw Harry Roy
4. Dream lover Gracie Fields
5. Somebody loves me Bing Crosby
6. This year's kisses Alice Faye
7. Love letters in the sand Ambrose with Sam Browne
8. Let us be sweethearts 'Hutch'
9. All of me Louis Armstrong
10. Once in a while Greta Keller
11. Easy come, easy go Carroll Gibbons & The Savoy Orpheans
12. What do you know about love Al Bowlly
13. So many memories Frances Langford
14. May I have the next romance with you 'Hutch'
15. Falling in love again Marlene Dietrich
16. Stardust Mills Bros
17. Indian love call Nelson Eddy & Jeannette McDonald
18. This time it's real Ella Fitzgerald
19. I'm just wild about Harry Judy Garland
20. Begin the beguine 'Hutch'
21. Goodnight my love Hildegarde
22. Because Deanna Durbin
23. I've got my love to keep me warm Dick Powell
24. Goodnight sweetheart Ray Noble with Al Bowlly